With the increasing news and concern regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus, we want to assure you that the health and safety of our employees and guests is our top priority. This is a difficult time for Boulder and the surrounding area, but we want to remind everyone to stay positive. Our community is resilient; however, we must all be vigilant.
Please be assured that we are following all guidelines set by the World Health Organization, the Center for Disease Control, and the Colorado Department of Public Health. We have always taken food safety, hygiene, and cleanliness very seriously, and we know these are more important than ever right now. We are taking every precaution to keep our hotel and restaurants safe and healthy.
Our hotel’s health and safety measures address disinfecting for a broad spectrum of germs and viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from employee hygiene and handwashing to cleaning products and procedures for guest rooms and public space. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Handwashing: Employees will be shown and reminded of proper and frequent handwashing. We remind our team regularly that this simple act is the first step to safety for both the employee and our guests.
- PPE: All employees are required to wear masks while on shift. We regularly go over the proper use and upkeep of these items.
- Health Monitoring: A shift manager checks all employees’ temperatures at the beginning of their shifts. We also monitor other symptoms and require that employees do not come into work if they are not feeling well.
- Ongoing Training and Information: Each day we discuss ongoing and new procedures for housekeeping and hygiene. We also discuss any new or updated information regarding COVID-19 and related policies.
- Signage has been placed around the building reminding guests and employees to maintain 6-foot distancing when possible. Our public areas have also been rearranged to allow maximum spacing.
- Check-In: We have added Plexiglas shields at our front desk to allow separation between our agents and guests. Floor markers have been added to help guests maintain social distance while in line. Guest credit cards are taken ahead of time when possible to avoid contact.
- Guest Rooms: Hotel Boulderado prides itself on thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting our rooms after every departure. We sanitize light switches, remotes, phones, and other high contact areas multiple times during the cleaning process for your peace of mind. All bedding is washed and disinfected at high temperatures, and rugs, drapes, and furniture surfaces are sprayed or wiped with sanitizing products. Every room is cleaned with windows wide open to bring fresh air into the room.
- Public Space: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public spaces, with special focus paid to high-touch items and areas.
- Back of the House: In the “behind the scenes” spaces in the hotel, we have increased the frequency of cleaning, focusing on high touch areas such as employee entrances, our break room, kitchens, the laundry room, and staff offices. We have also posted signage about good hygiene and related to COVID-19 specific regulations.
- Food and Beverage: Our food handlers are trained on food-safe preparation and service practices. We have also increased our sanitation guidelines including more frequent sanitation or equipment, hand washing, and glove changes. We are also suspending any buffet service, re-imagining event food and beverage, and offering no-contact in-room dining.
Thank you for your patience during these challenging times, and we look forward to hosting you with safety top of mind.
You can learn more about the COVID-19 outbreak, travel restrictions, prevention guidance and more through the resources below: